Recognizing that it is a privilege to be a member of AWWAInida Association and AWWA, as members of the Association, all members must follow the Code of Conduct and Practice as follows:
(1) Shall act to provide the best possible water service while preserving public health, ensuring public safety, being responsible stewards of our precious water resources, and holding the public interest superior to personal interests. We understand our essential public health and safety obligations to our community and accept these responsibilities; we shall always strive to do our best to meet them.
(2) Shall perform our duties in accordance with Association and local governing laws and regulations and follow generally accepted and professional procedures, making sure that such procedures are based upon reasonable substantiated information. We are encouraged to go beyond the minimum required for legal compliance and to advance social and environmental responsibility.
(3) Shall encourage methods that are economically sound and in the public interest for water operations, including, but not limited to, construction of water and wastewater infrastructure, materials selection, management practices, and operating procedures.
(4) Shall encourage the application of new concepts and innovative technologies to address practical problems and will assist the users of innovative technology in performing balanced technical evaluations and promoting cost-effectiveness.
(5) Shall fully disclose to our employer or client any financial or personal interests that could be construed as a conflict of interest in the purchase of goods or services. In addition to disclosing any interests, we shall not participate in decisions related to such purchasing activities.
(6) Shall not allow our personal ambitions to either unfairly affect our associates or interfere with fair competition for advancement.
(7) Shall strive to advance the public’s appreciation of the services provided by water professionals and uphold the concept that employment in the water industry is a legitimate long-term career for well-trained and responsible citizens. We shall discourage exaggerated, unfair, or untrue statements concerning public water supplies and promote an understanding of professional standards for water utility operations and materials.
(8) Shall strive to advance the knowledge of our colleagues and the general public by providing presentations at public forums and participating in other professional associations, civic organizations, and volunteer activities.
(9) Shall promote employment and volunteer opportunities with commitment to nondiscrimination and shall make it clear that unlawful discrimination is not acceptable and should not be tolerated. We shall not engage in or condone discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, provincial, or federal law.
(10) Shall not engage in or tolerate unlawful harassment including, but not limited to, verbal or physical conduct which has the purpose or effect of substantially interfering with an individual’s work performance or creating an intimidating, hostile, or offensive environment. This prohibition applies to employees, volunteers, members, consultants, vendors, suppliers, and others. We strictly prohibit sexual harassment and inappropriate sexual conduct.
(11) Shall not make any sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature, including jokes and innuendo, or creating an intimidating, hostile or offensive environment.
(12) Shall conduct our business affairs with integrity and in accordance with the highest standards of business ethics.
(13) Shall not use AWWAIndia Association logo on their business card as a member. A member when requested by the Board of Directors to represent the Association for a specific purpose to any governmental agencies, the Association will provide a specifically designed card for the purpose
(14) Any member who believes a violation of the Member Code of Practice or other misconduct has occurred should immediately make a report to the Chari of AWWAIndia Association.
(15) Any member who is determined to be in violation of this Code of Conduct is subject to disciplinary action including termination of the membership.